Thursday, November 26, 2009

The Egg and Spoon Returns



The Egg and Spoon has returned after what was an altogether too long absence. This was fueled by a relocation to Vancouver and the setting up of a new kitchen in which to cook. Having to start a kitchen again from scratch, including buying new cookware and restocking the pantry, can take some time. With the return of regular posts also comes a slight change in direction for the blog. There will still be posts relating to food history as well as photos and descriptions of the dishes I cook. However, over the next year I will be exploring food one cuisine at a time. I will focus on one cuisine a month, exploring the key ingredients, cooking styles, history, iconic and lesser known dishes. There will now also be recipes for everything I cook so you can replicate anything you read about. I think that this new direction will be a great way to discover the food of the world and also help you to understand what drives each of these different country's food culture. I can't wait to get started so please continue to follow - send the blog to anyone who loves food or who you think needs a subtle nudge in that direction. Please feel free to comment or ask me any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment