Saturday, July 4, 2009

Bacon and Eggs




I thought I would start off this week with an egg dish that so many of us enjoy as a treat on a Saturday morning - bacon and eggs. I couldn't just whip up the usual though, so I decided to add a touch of class to this everyday dish. To start with, instead of regular hens' eggs I chose some fresh quail eggs. Next the bacon is gone and is replaced with a delicious prosciutto and even the toast had a face lift being traded in for a butter rich brioche. To add another dimension I whipped up a classic french hollandaise which is made from an emulsion of egg yolks, a lot of butter and vinegar or lemon juice. It really is the perfect sauce for eggs and is well worth the effort. To finish off the most decadent bacon and eggs I have ever made, a light sprinkle of truffle salt added a beautiful earthy smell and taste to finish it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment